Lemon Stats (per 100g):
- Vitamin B : Thiamine .04 mg.;
- Riboflavin : Trace;
- Vitamin C : 50 mg.
- Calcium : 40 mg.
- Phosphorus : 22 mg.
- Carbohydrates : 8.7 gm.
- Protein : .9 gm.
- Calories : 32
Health Benefits of Lemon :
- As a natural antiseptic, the juice of the lemon will destroy harmful bacteria found in the cuts and other areas of infection.
- For toothache, apply fresh lemon juice on the painful are.
- For skin problems, the juice of the lemon should be applied directly to the skin and allowed to dry especially for acne and eczema, then remove with water with olive oil added. The juice is also good for the removal of blackheads, freckles and wrinkles.
- Lemon juice when applied to hair after rinsing it , will give shine and volume to your hair.
- Lemon juice helps to prevent and cure osteoarthritis.
- Helps to prevent diabetes.
- Lemon juice helps in preventing the development and progression of atherosclerosis.
- Lemon juice is a great liver tonic.
Mt. Lemmon (Arizona) Stats:
Distance: Up to 26 miles one way
Start / Finish: Turn north on Catalina Highway from Tanque Verde Road, on Tucson’s east side, and travel north 4 ½ miles to parking area at National Forest boundary (Milepost 0), 1 mile north of intersection of Snyder Road and Catalina Highway
Route: Ride up the mountain on excellent road to chosen turn-around point; descend mountain back to start
Terrain: 5% average grade, continuous hill climb on excellent road.
Features: Outstanding views of Tucson Valley and surrounding area from the various vista lookouts along the roadway up the 9,157 foot mountain.
It's going to be a blast!